Well, I had my weekly appointment this afternoon but ended up seeing the nurse practitioner instead of my doctor who was out on delivery. I saw Jennifer the first few visits of my pregnancy so it was great to visit with her on this end of the journey. After catching up on my pregnancy she checked baby's heart rate and all looked good. He was moving around quite a bit during the exam and it was fun to hear him kicking away on the Doppler. She had a hard time completing my exam because the baby's head was so low it was in her way. She finally managed and I'm glad she did because she told me I was very thin and dilated to 3 centimeters!
With Tyler, we went into the hospital when my water broke and I was barely even at 1 cm. After being given Pitocin to induce labor I had my epidural when I reached 3 cm. I remember how painful the Pitocin-induced contractions were and I'm thrilled that this time I was able to get to that point on the strength of my natural contractions with not much discomfort. So I already feel like I'm ahead of the game compared to last time and am feeling very grateful.
Of course, this doesn't mean labor's right around the corner. I could still take a while but she did say the fact that my contractions were actively doing something bodes well. Yay!
2 comments:
SO CLOSE! I can't wait to check the blog and see the pics of the new baby!
Ooooo, it's getting closer!!! :) We are so excited for you guys, can't wait to meet the newest Baby B.
Post a Comment