Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Precious Time

This morning the weather here was rainy and windy so Tyler and I decided to head to the Children's Museum. It had been several months since our last visit and we were both excited to go. At breakfast he went on and on about the ladybug at the museum. I had no idea what he was talking about until we got outside his favorite room and affixed to the sign was a huge ladybug. "See, here's the ladybug Mama!". His memory amazes me!

It's so cool to see everything he can do now that even a few months ago he had trouble with. We explored all the rooms, hanging out the longest at the water stations. After moving through all the floors we headed downstairs for lunch. It was such a wonderful morning with great conversation, believe it or not. He's getting really good at conveying his observations to me and it's hilarious to hear what all he's noticing.

With all the difficult transitions we've been dealing with and getting ready for the new baby it's just starting to hit me that these next few weeks are the last time it'll be just the two of us. I'm finding myself wanting to savor every minute we have together and make sure it's special for him too. Mornings like these are precious and will only become more rare. As excited as I am for the new baby to be here I'm not quite ready to let go of my time with just Tyler yet.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Simms said...

Oh Allison, I so went through that with Brennan. When I first found out I was pregnant I felt so guilty. It was so weird their at the end to know that soon it will be 4 of you and never 3 again. Once you meet your new little one you will forget all about it and you won't remember what it was like to only be 3!!