Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School!!

The day finally arrived and now we have an official kindergartener! Tyler woke up very excited about his first day of school, eager to help pack his lunch and his backpack. After seeing him get on the bus (Augh!) Jim and I met him at school to take him into his class. It was really hard to leave! Luckily, Meg had all the neighborhood moms over to her house afterwards so we could all mourn together! I was on pins and needles all day wondering how his day was going, if he was having fun, if he ate all his lunch, etc. When he got off the bus he had a huge smile on his face and told me he had a great day and he really liked school. Whew!

These days seem so long now and I know it will take a little adjustment on both our parts. It was hard for me in the afternoon not having Tyler home. It truly feels like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital and watching him take his first steps. I never thought 5 years would pass so fast but they were gone in the blink of an eye. 

Ready to pack a lunch!

My big boy!



Tyler and William


The whole bus stop

Hot Wheels backpack

There he goes! (Sob, sob)

Arriving at school

At his locker

We made it through the morning!

Home at last!!

No comments: