As I had mentioned in a previous post, one thing Tyler was most excited about doing at preschool was "cutting". This is a pretty new skill for him so we've been working on it a lot at home over the past few days. We checked out an activity kit at school that had cutting and hole punching exercises to try at home. While the scissors have been a success the hole punch has not. He needs to use two hands to actually punch the hole but then the paper slides out of the hole punch. After a frustration filled session (complete with tears and screams) I suggested that we retire the hole punch for a while and concentrate on scissors. Thankfully, Tyler agreed. :)
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
New Skills
As I had mentioned in a previous post, one thing Tyler was most excited about doing at preschool was "cutting". This is a pretty new skill for him so we've been working on it a lot at home over the past few days. We checked out an activity kit at school that had cutting and hole punching exercises to try at home. While the scissors have been a success the hole punch has not. He needs to use two hands to actually punch the hole but then the paper slides out of the hole punch. After a frustration filled session (complete with tears and screams) I suggested that we retire the hole punch for a while and concentrate on scissors. Thankfully, Tyler agreed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment