This Saturday Jim and I took Tyler to a Big Brother class at the hospital where we'll be giving birth. He was a little young to understand everything the teacher talked about but I think he got the highlights and he had a good time. First, all the kids sat with the teacher and looked at pictures of babies. They talked about what babies can do (cry and sleep) and can't do (talk and eat food). After watching a quick video we got to tour a hospital room and look at some babies in the nursery. Then we headed back to the room to practice diapering, swaddling and holding babies. We were instructed to bring a doll but we opted for Lion instead. This decision resulted in a small quandary when it came time to diaper (tail in or out??). In the end it proved to be more entertainment for Jim and me than educational for Tyler. He produced some rather unique answers to the teacher's questions. One example: Upon being asked what the baby would say when being born Tyler answered, "Good morning!". Here are some fun pictures of our morning.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
It looks like Tyler is going to be a big brother pro! I can't wait to meet the new baby Buffo! We send all our love.
3 comments:
It looks like Tyler is going to be a big brother pro! I can't wait to meet the new baby Buffo! We send all our love.
Love-Scott, Karen, Anne, and Abby
That is SO CUTE! What a great idea to do that with him...I bet he is getting so excited! Not long now!
I can't believe it is almost time!! What fun memories you are making!!Love the diaper in the lion!
Post a Comment